Indian students scholarships
Khorana Program for Scholars Indian students scholarships
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in summer 2016 for a period of 10 weeks. A list of UW partner universities is available http://www.winstepforward.org Indian students scholarships
The Khorana Program is envisaged to-Indian students scholarships
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
Duration of the programme: 10 weeks
Program dates: May – July (Every year)
Scholarship includes: Stipend, Accommodations, and Airfare
Eligibility: Indian students scholarships Indian students scholarships
- Candidates enrolled in B.Tech, M.Tech, or M.Sc. courses in Biotechnology (including agricultural, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply. PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher (Percentage equivalent: 75% and higher).
- Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2016 are eligible to apply.
- Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list mentioned in point 17 of the application form.
- Applications should be co-submitted electronically firstname.lastname@example.org and on the online application system at the WINStep Forward link at http://www.khorana.org/apply Hard copies are NOT required.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit the application as a single Word/Pdf document along with scanned copies of latest mark sheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & 2 Letters of Recommendation. Handwritten & single scanned pages of application form will not be acceptable. Please DO NOT attach Class X/Class XII mark sheets.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly email@example.com with Applicant’s full name in the subject line. Hard copies are not required.
- Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
How to apply: Online Indian students scholarships
Opening of Notification: Month of October.
Last date for submission of application forms: Last week of November