Visa interviews are the final hurdle before you can begin to leave for your studies abroad.Often we find that students are not prepared or do not know what to expect when going to a visa interview. Here are some tips that we think every student should know when going for a visa interview:
1. Make sure you have all your admissions documents – The visa officer will want to see everything from your acceptance letter to your I-20, so remember to carry all copies of all communication you have had with your college of choice
2. Carry your financial documents – The most important records that a visa officer is concerned with are your financial statements and proof of how you are planning on funding your education
3. Be ready to answer all questions – Particularly about what you are studying and what your plans after graduation are
4. Dress to impress – You don’t need to wear a suit, but make sure you are respectably dressed for your interview
5. Be polite – Your visa is dependent on the visa officer taking your interview, so remember to be clear and polite when answering all their questions
Follow these steps and you should ace your visa interview. Good Luck!