SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGHER STUDIES
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship for studying in Singapore Scholarships for Higher studies
Students often find themselves at cross roads about the choice of college to pursue their higher education in Singapore. The choice invariably depends on the amount of tuition fees to be paid each semester. So scholarships offer succour to students by substantially bringing down the cost of education abroad.
Securing scholarships to study abroad is a matter that most students wish to be better informed about. Prospective applicants for studying abroad are looking for answers to numerous questions, some of them being ‘Where should I look for securing scholarships?’, or ‘Are there any organisations in India that offer grants to study abroad?’. Fact is, there are numerous endeavours of foreign governments to grant scholarships to prospective, eligible students, who wish to study in the respective foreign countries.
Indian students who wish to study in Singapore can avail the A*STAR India Youth Scholarship offered by the Ministry of Education, Singapore. This Scholarship helps you to pursue the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. Let us look at a few frequent questions about the same. Scholarships for Higher studies
- What does securing the scholarship enable me to do? Scholarships for Higher studies
- The A*STAR India Youth Scholarship enables you to study at selected Secondary Three to Pre-University Two schools in Singapore. Scholarships for Higher studies
- Is the scholarship granted throughout the course duration?
- The scholarhip is renewed on annual basis. The awardees have to ensure that they maintain the required performance in their coursework to ensure renewal.
- What are the eligibility criteria? Scholarships for Higher studies
- For applying, the prospective applicants need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 2000 and 2002 Scholarships for Higher studies
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2016 Scholarships for Higher studies
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as the first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
- What does the scholarship award consist of? Scholarships for Higher studies
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage Scholarships for Higher studies
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover Scholarships for Higher studies
- What is the process of application? Scholarships for Higher studies
- Applicants are supposed to complete and submit the forms that are available online. Thereafter, the following documents are to be sent by post to the Singapore Ministry of Education:
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standards 7 and 8 final examinations)
You can use the following link for starting the application process: Scholarships for Higher studies
We hope this information clarifies your doubts.
All the best! Scholarships for Higher studies