University of Maryland Collegepark
Hi, University of Maryland Collegepark
So here’s my opinion regarding your questions. Take into consideration i have just completed 1 semester and have barely started the new one so all my answers might not be correct.
FYI I am currently doing MIS in University of Maryland. Most of my answers might be related to my course and may not pertain to other courses in the university.
- About the Course University of Maryland Collegepark
Good course so far subjects and professors are mostly pretty good. Not very happy with the career services Im happy with everything else.
- How many % of student in your course are Indians? Need just an approximate.
50% maybe more.(Ya kinda sucks)
- Which country people are most in your university?
In my program(MIS) there are mostly Indians and Chinese not sure about other programs, I think CS might have better diversity.
- Does the university follow semester or trimester?
Semester University of Maryland Collegepark
- Internship Opportunities University of Maryland Collegepark
Haven’t got an internship yet but most if not all seniors had internships.
- What are the off campus opportunities available?
If ur taking about part time jobs u mostly will get some type of job if u start looking early n take efforts.
- In which month does the career fair takes place?
I think September or so basically early. Don’t know about other career fair might be one in this set as well.
- Name 3 apartments close to university area.
Graduate Gardens, Graduate Hills, Parkside.
- The rent for the apartments in the area you stay.
$345 2 bhk 4 ppl University of Maryland Collegepark
- What is the approximate living expense excluding rent?
Depends on u not really sure main expense is rent. Take about $200 more i guess.
- List the name of 3 stores close to university or your home from where you buy grocery, milk and daily food products.
Target, Farmers market, CVS.
- What are the public transport options available in city? Does student have concession on student’s UniversityID for transportation?
University shuttles are pretty good and take u to most places n its free. You can also use the metro buses(haven’t needed to use it much) or the metro if ur going to DC
- Is there any Indian store close to university? If yes then please name.
Patels store is nearby. University of Maryland Collegepark
- Name the 3 restaurants available next to university or close by to place where majority of students stay.
Slices pizza, Blaze pizza, Panda Express, Noodle company, Chipotle.
- What are the places to hangout on weekends?
Mainly theres 1 road on which u find everything nothing else is there.Its a pretty much a village to be honest but there are 3-4 bars and DC and baltimore are close by.
- What is the minimum and maximum temperatures that city faced in a last year.
Temperatures varies a lot when u arrive in fall its really hot and sunny about 25-30 degrees and winters are usually fine not to cold but somedays have gone to -10–15 degrees
- To describe your city climate for most of the time in one word, what would you say: sunny, winter, rainy, windy?
Its pleasant sunny mainly. You can live here easily no worries.
I hope this was helping if u have any doubts feel free to contact me.