HOW TO GET SCHOLARSHIPS IN CANADA
Scholarships in Canada How to get Scholarships in Canada
Securing scholarships to study abroad is an issue that most students want to know more about. Prospective applicants for studying abroad, especially in Canada, are looking for answers to numerous questions, some of them being ‘Where should I look for securing scholarships?’, or ‘Are there any organisations in India that offer grants to study abroad?’. Let us look at the frequently asked questions.
- Under what conditions could I avail the scholarships if I want to study in Canada?
A. There are two types of Scholarships How to get Scholarships in Canada
1) Granted on basis of merit 2) Granted on basis of requirement of funds.
You can opt for any amongst the two as per requirement. How to get Scholarships in Canada
- Can you tell me some more information about the two types?
A. How to get Scholarships in Canada
1) The Scholarship granted on the basis of merit would have criteria of application such as the student should have secured grades above a certain number, exemplary academic/ professional performance, to name a few.
2) The Scholarship granted on the basis of requirement of funds would expect the applicants to submit documents such as tax and wage statements of self/ parents/ guardians.
You might be required to submit an Essay of Purpose for your Scholarship Application, or you might be interviewed by the concerned organization, or both. How to get Scholarships in Canada
Collegepond helps students bag scholarships by guiding them to write superior Essays of Purpose.
- What organizations in India can I contact if I want to apply for a Scholarship for studying abroad?
A. There are numerous institutions in India that offer scholarships for studying abroad. The most prominent among those are:
1) J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education
http://www.jntataendowment.org/loan-scholarship-process 2)Narottam Sekharia Scholarship How to get Scholarships in Canada
http://pg.nsfoundation.co.in/ 3)C. Mahindra Education Trust Scholarship How to get Scholarships in Canada
http://www.studentworldonline.com/article/10-scholarships-around-the-world-for-indian-students/17/ These organisations also offer ‘loan scholarships’ that grant the scholarship amount to the selected applicants on the basis of zero interest. How to get Scholarships in Canada
- What are the criteria under which I can apply for a scholarship from the Universities in Canada?
A. For a merit based scholarship from a University in the US, you should be selected as a Research Assistant, a Teaching Assistant, or a Graduate Assistant in the prospective University. Only then would you be eligible for application for the scholarship. How to get Scholarships in Canada