Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
Since 1909, Northwestern’s McCormick School of Engineering has sought excellence in achieving its two parallel missions: to produce new knowledge and to engage and educate students. Northwestern Engineering fosters a culture in which innovation is not only encouraged, but expected. That culture still thrives today, driving new initiatives, research discoveries, and superior education. Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
Located on the Evanston campus, Northwestern’s McCormick School of Engineering has eight academic departments, more than two dozen interdisciplinary research centers and institutes, a range of state-of-the-art facilities, and nationally recognized, award-winning faculty. Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
- Approximately 1660 undergraduates, 900 master’s degree students, and 860 PhD students
- 181 faculty members including 30 national academy members
- More than 275 labs, centers and affiliate programs involving students in research
- State-of-the-art facilities including: smart classrooms and collaborative meeting spaces, advanced prototyping laboratories, 3D printers and additive manufacturing equipment, a CAM/CAM lab, a mechatronics lab, and more Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
- Active, successful alumni who have gone on to lead commercial space programs, create start-up companies in healthcare and medicine, and chair departments at other prestigious academic institutions, among other accomplishments.
Students thrive at Northwestern Engineering, gaining the skills and experience they need to become whole-brain engineers prepared to take on the most pressing challenges of tomorrow.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDY Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
Northwestern Engineering has diverse areas of undergraduate study and wide selection of bachelor’s and combined degree programs that let students immerse themselves in collaborative, interdisciplinary study as they learn from leaders in their chosen field. The Social Science/Humanities Theme Requirement provides an opportunity to learn from leaders from across the university and helps round out engineering education. The knowledgeable and approachable faculty, exceptional facilities, and well-rounded curriculum provide an undergraduate experience that leaves students suited for success in any field. Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
GRADUATE STUDY Northwestern University is in USNews Top 20
Graduate work at Northwestern Engineering can be a doorway to a new chapter in life. The possibilities are limitless: Conduct groundbreaking research, prepare for a career in academia, and position yourself for a hands-on leadership role in the engineering workforce. Whether a PhD, a part-time master’s degree, or a full-time master’s degree, Northwestern Engineering will ensure that students emerge prepared for a lifetime of impact.