Scholarships in US Universities
High tuition fees for studying in US Universities often discourage students from exploring this option, but needless to say, US universities as well as institutions in India offer scholarships that make higher education in the US an affordable option. Securing such scholarships to study abroad is a subject that most students want to know more about. Prospective applicants for studying abroad, especially in the United States, are looking for answers to numerous questions, some of them being ‘Where should I look for securing scholarships?’, or ‘Are there any organisations in India that offer grants to study abroad?’. Let us look at the frequently asked questions. Scholarships In Us Universities
- Under what conditions could I avail the scholarships if I want to study in the US?
A. There are two types of Scholarships Scholarships In Us Universities
1) Granted on basis of merit 2) Granted on basis of requirement of funds.
You can opt for any amongst the two as per requirement. Scholarships In Us Universities
- Can you tell me some more information about the two types?
A. Scholarships In Us Universities
1) The Scholarship granted on the basis of merit would have criteria of application such as the student should have secured grades above a certain number, exemplary academic/ professional performance, to name a few.
2) The Scholarship granted on the basis of requirement of funds would expect the applicants to submit documents such as tax and wage statements of self/ parents/ guardians.
You might be required to submit an Essay of Purpose for your Scholarship Application, or you might be interviewed by the concerned organization, or both.
Collegepond guides students in writing impressive Essays of Purpose, that could help them bag scholarships, thereby substantially cutting down tuition fees.
- What organizations in India can I contact if I want to apply for a Scholarship for studying abroad?
There are numerous institutions in India that offer scholarships for studying abroad. The most prominent are the following: Scholarships In Us Universities
1) J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education
2) Narottam Sekhsaria Scholarship Scholarships In Us Universities
3) C. Mahindra Education Trust Scholarship
4) Miscellaneous Scholarships In Us Universities
http://www.studentworldonline.com/article/10-scholarships-around-the-world-for-indian-students/17/ These organisations also offer ‘loan scholarships’ that grant the scholarship amount to the selected applicants on the basis of zero interest.
- What are the criteria under which I can apply for a scholarship from the US Universities?
A. For a merit based scholarship from a University in the US, you should be selected as a Research Assistant or a Teaching Assistant in the prospective University. Only then would you be eligible for application. Scholarships In Us Universities